Monday, November 9, 2009

The Coneflower Solution

I have a beautiful Japanese Maple in the middle of one of my front foundation beds, and one thing I discovered during the 2009 growing season is that there's a tad too much shade behind the Maple to grow Full-Sun plants. The Salvia May Night got kind of floppy back there. And so, I moved them forward in early October, and that left me with the problem of trying to figure out what exactly to plant in the shady parts towards the back of bed. Last night, I discovered that Echinacea Magnus can indeed take Part-Sun/Part-Shade conditions, which is exactly how to describe the space in question. And so, I will give it a try come Spring 2010, and below is a synopsis of what it kinda sorta should look like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails