Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Garden in a Bottle

I have a deep fondness for perfumes; I love the way they can vault me through time, seamlessly transporting me to a special moment and allowing me to relive a sweet memory. When I wear Dior Dune, there I am back in the deserts of Morocco. A whiff of Kate Spade, with its delicate symphony of honeysuckle, jasmine and gardenia? It's like pure Spring come alive. And so it was with great interest that I read some "Top Picks" for natural-smelling fragrances, that smell like real flowers and fruits, in this month's issue of Allure Magazine. With a Birthday and Anniversary coming up this spring, I'm passing on this list to my husband!

Dior Diorissimo -- "A wonderful portrayal of lily of the valley."

Estee Lauder Pleasures -- "An excellent representation of peony."

Edition De Parfums Frederic Malle Carnal Flower -- "A very large amount of natural tuberose absolute, a vegetal freshness and soft, milky character."

Guerlain Eau De Fleurs De Cedrat -- "A fragrance that truly captures the essence of citron zest - it's as fresh as a real lemon."

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau D'Ambre -- "This is a very good depiction of the intense, warm smell of real amber."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails