Sunday, June 14, 2009

Double the Fun

This weekend was absolutely *beautiful*, and I have a Double Hibiscus putting out dinner-plate sized blooms. I love this plant! My little boy was pretty excited too, and gardening is Double the Fun when you throw children into the mix. The world is so new to a child. This is the very first June for my son, and it's often said that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, so I want this Summer Season to be spectacular! I want my son to grow up feeling at home in nature, so that he will always have a respect for Mother Nature and feel duty-bound to be a caretaker of the environment. There are so many teachable moments and lessons to be learned in the garden, and I really am looking forward to sharing this with him as he grows.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails