Tuesday, June 30, 2009

All-You-Can-Eat Salad

My lovely leafy Hostas have been ravaged, they are being destroyed right before my eyes by a plague of RABBITS. A neighborhood child said he's seen even 10 at a time in the woods at the back of his house, and my husband saw 4 rabbits lurking nearby yesterday night. I personally spotted a (very bold) rabbit this evening out in the open during daylight, and so it appears that trying to save my garden from the damage may be a losing battle. The Hostas were oh-so-close to blooming, but now I'll miss out on that this season. I at least would like to minimize my losses, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Rabbits won't attack any other plants. Perhaps next year, I'll try some "liquid fence", it's supposed to deter small animals without doing harm to the environment, and so this may be the only way to go.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails