Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pretty Peonies


I am oh so ready to start humming "Here Comes The Sun", because it has been raining seemingly forever (5 days straight at least) and I am missing out on enjoying my Spring Garden. The downside of living in a major metropolitan area like Washington D.C., is that only the lucky get a commute in the sub-hour-each-way range. By the time I get home at 6pm, the best of the day has passed. A week ago, I discovered that I had a beautiful Peony Tree blooming next to the garage where our trash bins are stored. The large creamy flowers throw off an exquisite scent, and I immediately hit the web to read about all-things-Peony because I never had much awareness of this plant before. Peonies are as beautiful and perfumed as roses, seemingly as easy to grow and maintain, and without the thorns. Sounds *perfect* to me! The endless heavy rains are beginning to take their toll, so I captured a picture this morning before I headed off to work. I am so so excited to have stumbled upon the glorious Peony, and I can't wait to expand my collection when planting time comes in the Fall. A Garden contains so many surprises, and I hope this will only be the first of many.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails