Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Freshening a Bouquet

After the recent arrival of my sweet baby girl, I received several gorgeous bouquets of fresh spring flowers. They lasted an impressive two weeks (the delicious fruit lasted only two days)...


and then after their inevitable decline I freshened the bouquet by combining the remaining holdovers (white daisies and pale pink carnations) with daffodils and flowering branches from my garden.


These flowers now reside on my entryway shelf, serving as the perfect Springtime Greeting every time I step inside my door.


To keep flowers fresh, it is important to change the water every 3 days, to re-cut the stems at each change-out, and to use the florist food that comes in the packet. These simple steps can really help to stretch out the life of a bouquet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails