Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sensational Salad

I started a small salad patch two months ago, which has now yielded the first salad of the season! The lettuce mixture tasted divine and I only wish there were more. Overall, I have not had a positive experience growing from seed, with the exception of those that can be direct sown outdoors such as Sweet Allysum, Zinnias and Lettuce/Spinach. My interest in starting plants from seeds began to fade when I realized that I simply did not have the desire to spend time in the basement watering them and tending to them under lights. I have now accepted that it works best for me to purchase veggie seedlings from the nursery for such items as tomatoes/peppers/zuchinni, but I definitely hope to continue growing salad greens from seed in the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails